Thursday, November 13, 2008

FACE BOOK FAUX PAUS!

OK - so I consider myself fairly computer savvy - so how could this happen???? First of all, upon joining face book, I accidentally invited my whole address book like 4 times.

But that is not the embarrassing part…

Included in my contacts were:

Harrison Powley - my BYU 304 semi-crusty Music History teacher (probably in his mid 60s). - That probably looks REALLY bad…. (not to mention I graduated 6 years ago!)

A really creepy guy named Vic who was one of my business contacts 4 years ago. I REALLY don’t want to give any impression of RECONNECTING - YIKES!

The T.A. from my music history class from BYU- I probably have only talked with her in person about 3 times...about assignments no less. She must think I am REALLY desperate for friends!! HELLLOOOO!!!

Good Things Utah (the TV show about 1400 miles from me)

Somebody I met on a Baby Center Bulletin about 6 years ago - somehow she ended up on my contact list and I never deleted her. I probably exchanged online comments with her 3 times about diapers or something. She must ALSO think I am very hard pressed for FRIENDS! (because I am PRETTY DARN sure I made a such a big impression on her that she put me in HER contact list!)

The former Primary Chorister from my parents ward in Jacksonville, IL that no longer lives there. I probably have only talked with her about 2 times. I really have NO idea why she is on my CONTACT list…but she is probably confused as to why I invited her to face book… maybe she'll give me a highly anticipated PITY reply.

My current MORTAGE LENDER named Carol is on my CONTACT list and was invited to be friends with me 4 times on fact book. WHOOPS! I mean, she is nice and all….but I didn’t want to send her a FACEBOOK invite! Can you see how DESPERATE this might seem if you didn’t know??????

The REALTOR that we had for 4 weeks and CANCELLED our contract with because she wasn’t getting the job done got no less than FOUR INVITATIONS from me to be a friend on face book.

Some girl named Jessica that is a RECEPTIONIST at a Storage Unit Facility that we decided NOT to go with ALSO got FOUR INVITATIONS to be friends with me on my face book page - I mean REALLY!!!!

And LAST but not least, the JEWLER that we bought our wedding ring from in PROVO named Renee (male) also received the FOUR HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER INVITATIONS from me to be a friend on face book.

If ANY of these people said YES - I think I will just DIE OF HUMILIATION!!!!!

8 comments:

Jones said...

oh man I am laughing SO hard right now!! I just joined too and have people I invited to be friends, that I don't remember inviting...and I thought I was computer savvy too!!

Unknown said...

Brett and I are laughing so hard right now. We're just sitting on the couch about to fall off. That was so great! Sorry we are laughing at your expense. If that happened to me I would be really embarrassed ;D

Lehis said...

I was just thinking this very same thing today. I joined Facebook about a year ago, but have been very touch and go with it (especially since starting my blog). I got on today and wanted to write a message on a friends wall and COULD NOT FIGURE IT OUT!!! I felt like I was on crazy pills!! Apparently the program has evolved in the last year and I am seriously behind. I felt like an 80 year old looking at a computer for the first time... what?! I can totally do computers... but for some reason... I am totally lost on facebook.

kelsey said...

Ok, I was just cracking up through this whole post. That was so funny Bonnie!

kelsey said...

I'm back! I had to read this again for Ryan. Ahhh so embarrassing, but soooooo hilarious!!!

Cami said...

Oh man. That is bad. You could always send out an apology!

ANOB said...

Bonnie...I did that exact same thing when I joined facebook. I even emailed older people in my ward who I had to communicate with for my calling. They asked me what I had invited them to do and I had to tell to ignore it. I so feel your embarrassment. LOL though....

Cheryl Anne said...

That's priceless! I'm sure they just pressed delete and went on with life. maybe they had a small chuckle first, but that's ok too, right? :) It was great to see you today!