Friday, August 22, 2008

HOW COULD I LIVE WITHOUT IKEA?!?!?

I COULDN'T!!!


You can't totally appreciate how UTTERLY and PUTRIDLY UGLY this space was initially - the entrance to our laundry room which leads into our family room.....Or maybe you can and I actually did it justice by these photos.

Try to also imagine a dark ugly dinged up door leading to this space...where the recycle bin falls on y ou everytime you open the door...or something falls on you...like a broom. Yeah - it was straight from your HGTV nightmare!






So we turned our project into a massive work day that lasted seemingly forever. WE got started on one thing and thought, " Well , while we're at it, we might as well do ______" Fill in the blank with any possible house project and you would be right.

My youngest sister Sarah is the one cleaning out the fridge - you rock!

Then the last 3 pictures are where you gasp delightedly at the "AFTER."

(The first picture I must explain - there is now NO DOOR from the kitchen to the laundry room, and it is looking INTO the laundry room which was formerly impossible and impassable as well.)

I SERIOUSLY LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

1 comment:

Cami said...

Wow, that is beautiful!! Ikea to the rescue for sure! It has done the same for me in many an instance.